This course covers from the basic Python language features to advanced topics in test and process automation.
It is specially oriented to software and hardware testing teams in the embedded C/C++ area.
You will learn how to develop effective Python scripts using the latest features of the Python languages and how to port your current Python 2.x code.
The most recent updates to the standard library are covered (e.g. dataclasses, asyncio, multiprocessing) as well as the most popular 3rd party Python packages (parsing yaml, xml, html files, interacting with web services).
A session on Python static analysis, including software metrics and unit testing to ensure your Python scripts are production ready and easy to maintain.
For acceptance testing you will learn about Behavior Driven Testing (BDD), Keyword and Data driven test frameworks like Robot Framework.
The course is presented by an international software consultant with over 20 years of experience in C/C++, Python and particularly in QA process automation.
To be able to automate your tests it is becoming increasingly important to master Python. Many of the common test frameworks use Python to manage and develop tests.
This course teaches the basics of Python and how to use it for test purposes in different kind of applications.
QA DevOps, Test Engineers wishing to automate test in C/C++, Embedded projects.
Background knowledge on test automation and some programming experience (C/C++, Java, Python, Ruby, Perl)
*THIS COURSE WILL BE TAUGHT IN ENGLISH.
Day 1: Python Language & Environment
Day 2: Python 3 Standard Libraries
Day 3: Python Test Frameworks
Day 1 – Python Language & Environment
- Python Interpreters & Extensions
- Python Version 2 & 3
- Coding Style
- Package & Virtual Environments Management
- Python Language: Keywords, Operators, Basic Data Types
- Built-in Functions
- User-Defined Functions, Classes, Modules and Packages
- Lambda functions, List Comprehensions, Generators, Decorators
- Standard Library Highlight: collections
Day 2 – Python 3 Standard Libraries
- Session 1: Runtime Features
- Session 2: Application Building Blocks
- Session 3: The File System
- Session 4: Text & Regular Expressions
- Session 5: Dates and Times
- Session 6: Data Persistence and Exchange
- Session 7: Data Compression and Archiving
- Session 8: Cryptography
- Session 9: Mathematics & Data Analysis
- Session 10: Concurrency with Processes
- Session 11: Networking, Internet & Web Services
- Session 12: GUI Frameworks
Day 3 – Python Test Frameworks
- Source Code Analysis
- Coding Standards, Defect Detection
- Software Metrics:
- SLOC, McCabe, Halstead, Maintainability Index
- Code Coverage
- Statement & Branch Coverage
- Unit & Module Testing
- Property-Based Testing
- Mutation Testing (Fault-Injection)
- Integration, System & Acceptance Testing
- Behavior Driven Testing
- Keyword & Data-Driven Testing