What is SiDi
SiDi is the research group on Distributed Systems of ITI. Our main areas of activity are:
- BigData infrastructure: Developing an ITI BigData as a Service, Radiatus and studying services and tools related to BigData aiming at improving their performance.
- Distributed Ledger Technologies and Blockchain: Keeping up with the state of the art and devising improvements for the base technology.
- Cloud Computing and Compute Continuum: Devising and deploying solutions in the compute continuum in industrial environments; studying multi agent systems; active in Gaia-X etc.
- Data Infrastructures: Studying aspects and building tools and components related to Data Governance, Security and Quality; involved in Data Spaces initiatives, data interoperability, etc.
We are currently participating in several national and European projects applied to very different areas, such as logistics, industry 4.0, or health. We are looking for research assistants who are willing to work with us and develop a research career, to be continuously learning in our ever-changing sector, and to grow in a stimulating environment.
What we offer:
- A stimulating, dynamic and multidisciplinary environment.
- Excellent links with other national and European Research Centers.
- Access to innovative infrastructure and resources.
- Flexible working conditions, partially remote.
What we expect:
- You hold a BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other as long as they are related to our topic of interest.
- You have programming skills
- You are passionate, curious and are interested in Research and Innovation.
- You are not afraid of a career that implies continuous learning.
- You speak English (at least a B2 English equivalent).
- Participation in national and European R+D Projects related to our different areas of interest.
- Participate in the preparation of research proposals.
- Devise, implement, test and validate solutions in the field of Distributed Systems.
- Have the opportunity to pursue a PhD and develop a career in Research.
- Get training in those fields related to SiDi topics of interest or other ITI research lines.
- Improve your writing and speaking skills.
We also value:
- You have experience in a research environment (research stays, internships, a research-based BSc or MSc Thesis, etc.)
- You are an open, proactive, creative, person capable of working as part of a team.
- Technical and Scientific writing skills are a plus.
- Good communication skills are also a plus.
- Speaking the language of Cervantes is another nice plus.
If you are interested, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your CV
- A cover letter
- The position you are applying to.
In accordance with Organic Law 3/2007 of March 22, ITI has set itself the objective of promoting the defense and effective application of the principle of equality between men and women, avoiding any type of labor discrimination, guaranteeing the same income opportunities, looking for the constitution of diverse teams.
ITI has signed an Equality Plan which works to guarantee objectivity, as well as the gender perspective in its recruiting processes, through specialized training in equality of the people who participate in them.